Introduction to Risk Management: Wed Nov 14th, 2pm-3pm
This short webinar provides learners with an opportunity develop a basic understanding of Risk Management within an organisation and the tools which can be employed to minimise risk.
- Identify and discuss examples of risk in an organisation (good risk / bad risk)
Understand Risk Categories
- Compliance (Legal or Regulatory)
- Environmental or External
Understand Risk Management and Know Why It Is Important
- Evaluate risks / Prioritise risks
- Monitor risks and report on their management
- Reduce possibility of reputational damage
Understand What Makes a Good Risk Management System
- Risk Management Process
- Risk Register
- Monitor and Report
Anyone within a nonprofit organisation needing a basic understanding of risk and how to manage it.
- Understand the nature of risk in nonprofit organisations
- Categorise risks
- Understand Risk Management and know why it is important
- Understand what makes a good Risk Management System
Andrew Madden, Carmichael Centre Training and E-Learning Officer, has a long history of working with community, voluntary and nonprofit organisations for many years. Educated in Project Management, Management Principles and a certified Microsoft Master Instructor, Andrew has successfully worked within the sector to develop IT skills as well as having experience in running his own business. Andrew developed the e-learning Risk Management Module also available from www.carmichaelcentre.ie
Andrew was a member of the Council of GAISCE, The President’s Award for Young People (2012-2018) and a member of the Board Oversight Committee of Meath Street Credit Union (2014-2017). In April 2017 Andrew was awarded a Certificate in Charity Law, Trusteeship & Governance from the Law Society of Ireland and in 2018 he was awarded a Diploma in Digital Marketing & Strategy from Dublin Business School.