Information volunteers are the backbone of the Fleadh. With over 400,000 visitors expected in Drogheda, Information Volunteers will play a pivotal role in not only the success of the Fleadh but in showing off Drogheda and the whole North East region in its best light!
There are variety of Information Volunteer roles, including Fleadh Ambassadors, Information Office volunteers, front desk volunteers and Park & Ride volunteers.
Skills & Qualities:
- Communication skills – Able to give clear and concise answers to a variety of questions from the public
- Patience – Be confident and calm when dealing with the public
- Personable Skills - Enjoy meeting people, enthusiastic, friendly and outgoing
- Local Knowledge - Good knowledge of Drogheda, its landmarks, places of interest, etc
- Teamwork – Ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team
- Physical - In some specific roles the ability to stand and walk for extended periods may be required
- Languages – Fluent English is required, additional languages may also be of benefit but are not essential